Thursday, March 3, 2016

Ammonihah is rebuilt: What I learned today in Alma 49

https://www.lds.org/scriptures/bofm/alma/49?lang=eng

I think all of us have asked ourselves more than once,"why are there so many chapters on war in the Book of Mormon?"
I have heard that they are to help us understand how we can be prepared to live in these latter days.
Today I had an insight that helped me look past the story to a principle that applies to my life.

Ammonihah was such a wicked city that it had been destroyed.

This city, once destroyed because of wickedness and their refusal to repent, has been rebuilt. And those who thought to destroy it again find that because it is rebuilt  - they have no power there.

This is how our lives are with repentance and faithfulness.
No matter how low we have been dragged, how destroyed our lives have become, through the Atonement of Jesus Christ we can be rebuilt  and become  - a new creature in Christ, fortified and prepared, and destroying influences will find that they have no power in our lives today.
No matter what our trials or weaknesses of the past. No matter how many times we have fallen. No matter how many times we have refused to get up. No matter how many times we have ignored the voice of the Spirit, inviting us to do better. We  can
overcome and through repentance we can become so strong and so fortified that old sins, old troubles will not be able to find a foothold or an entrance into our lives again.
I know this is true. I have experienced it in my life.
This story is a message of great hope to me today. 

I stand all amazed.

Love,
Mom
3.3.16

No comments:

Post a Comment